Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hokey Pokey


Today was the big day of the dance recital and this year I was a little more confident that Olivia would actually do something once she got up on stage. She seemed pretty excited as we drove to church listening to the hokey pokey (or the hokey cokey for all those English readers out there).

Her little class took the stage and they all did a great job. Olivia is right there on the left hand side of the great. Olivia and her little friend Sydney especially enjoyed spinning one another round and those two did a great job since they are almost a year younger than a lot of the other girls in the class. They also favored us with the goldfish song. It was so funny that last year Olivia refused to do anything, and this year she didn't stop jumping around. The video is kind of long and so is mainly for those who wished they could have been there i.e grandparents!




Waiting for the fish song


Watching the other performances

They all did a great job and Thomas even had a good time. He didn't want to go, but we told him that we're a family and so we support each other and reminded him of how many baseball games we went to last year. I was just glad when one of his friends from school turned up to watch his sister so he could hang out with him.

4 comments:

England Family said...

She was great!!!! She did so well. She is so very cute! Well done Olivia!

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

Olivia was awesome! I think she is over her shy/ stagefright. She is quite the little performer!

Hayley said...

She did so well!!! I can't believe how well she knew the routine than when I saw her a few months ago. Well done Olivia! xx

Eric and Rozanne said...

I can't believe that is the same Olivia that I saw last year at the recital! She is a different girl, so outgoing and having so much fun. Where did the shy girl go? I'm so glad she's having so much fun this year. She was SO adorable in the clip! Thanks for sharing! We miss you guys!