Today I found these in one of our kitchen drawers. We have safety locked most of the other kitchen cabinets because I was tired of having to clean up pots and pans every time I cooked dinner or was in the kitchen for any length of time. Subsequently, Zach has become quite attached to this one particular drawer, mainly because he can open it! He puts stuff in there all the time and if we are ever wondering where something has got too this is the first place that we check. We only wish that he had put Spenser's cell phone in there the other night because we have no idea where it might be (especially since Spense turned it off so that Zach couldn't call anyone!) The drawer does help to make each new day exciting for me though, as I wonder what special treasures are lurking in there ready to be found.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
The Drawer
Today I found these in one of our kitchen drawers. We have safety locked most of the other kitchen cabinets because I was tired of having to clean up pots and pans every time I cooked dinner or was in the kitchen for any length of time. Subsequently, Zach has become quite attached to this one particular drawer, mainly because he can open it! He puts stuff in there all the time and if we are ever wondering where something has got too this is the first place that we check. We only wish that he had put Spenser's cell phone in there the other night because we have no idea where it might be (especially since Spense turned it off so that Zach couldn't call anyone!) The drawer does help to make each new day exciting for me though, as I wonder what special treasures are lurking in there ready to be found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is sure to be a special memory that will bring a smile to your face when your kids are grown! It reminds me of when Gabby was little and she loved to put her Polly Pockets dolls into EVERYTHING including shoes. So sometimes when we slipped our feet into our shoes we'd find a nice "surprise". We miss it now that she's a big girl of 10 and doesn't do that anymore!
That is funny Nad! The other week Chris ordered Indian and had it delivered. He had the cheque book and when the man arrived it was gone. We didn't find it for weeks. Then one day Clark walked up to the dishwasher and pulled it from the little tiny gap on top and gave it to Chris!!!!
I love the drawer. It's a great place for a little one to hide things. They love having a special place. I have to admit too, I'm glad to see that there is one place in your house that isn't spotless...it gives me hope. :) hehe!
Looks so typical of the age...we can relate. I hear that it gets worse before it gets better...I never thought of having a special place that is all David's though. Cool.
Post a Comment