Since the Bounty Hunters lost their 1st game of the play offs the other night, today would be our final game of the season.
The boys left a little early from camp. Apparently, not everyone was too happy about that. We tried to make him feel better by telling him that he was only missing the Stake Camp clean up and that everyone pretty much would be leaving soon, but nothing seemed to console the poor child! Our other child clearly didn't mind leaving. He just seemed interested in whatever was playing on the DVD.
We headed out to the park. All the teams lined up and were led out on the field and recognized.
The rag tag team!
The kids had a great last game. It was really a shame that it had taken them till the end to really start to get into it. Hitting was much improved and we had some good plays in the field.
Thomas got to wear the catchers gear for the last time
Waiting for the play
Thomas had a great 1st at bat, but naturally I didn't manage to catch that on video. Sadly, he struck out the next time around. I was glad for him to get a good hit since he'd been struggling a bit since we started coach pitch. It was good to see the boost it gave to his confidence.
We did of course make sure there was cake
Presenting the trophies
Thomas with his trophy

The coach even managed to come away with a trophy of his own
The rest of the evening was spent at the school Fun Night. The kids enjoyed playing some games and collecting yet more candy to add to our never depleting store.

2 comments:
The trifle looks beautiful! I'm surprised to see Thomas so upset. Poor guy.
Beautiful trifles! I can't imagine how long they took! I love the photo of TT crying (yes I am a mean aunt!) Its so funny and so TT! We love him! xx
Post a Comment