Memorial Day weekend was for the most part pretty uneventful. The great abundance of rain made it hard to do too much outside. By the end of the weekend the kids were bouncing off the walls and constantly coming to blows from being confined to the house for so long.
On Saturday I just happened to check out the local drive in to see what was playing and when I saw that "How to train a Dragon" was part of the feature I told Spenser that we were going. The weather did luckily clear up and so after a quick trip to the grocery store for soda, dark chocolate, and the mandated sour patch we headed out.
The drive in was pretty full by the time we arrived. We then had to wait for about half an hour for the sun to finally set. During this time we enjoyed a great deal of messing with the electric windows.
Spenser making sure he didn't head out
of the window after he opened it
Anticipation
Just when we thought it might never happen, it did get dark and we bedded down. I finally made myself comfortable after a came to the sad realization that the trunk of our car isn't big enough for all of us, especially when not everyone is super good at sharing space. Yet another reason for needing that Suburban I guess. I still enjoyed the movie, I just had to contort my body a little.
Enjoying the darkness
Enjoying some snacks.
This was my view of the events
After the first movie ended Thomas was desperate to use the bathroom. While Spenser was off at the bathroom I tried to start the car. It was dead! I guess that's the price you pay for having the stero turned up so loud. Luckily, we had made friends with the people next to us and he was super organized and had his cables handy. Thomas and Olivia were in the back for a little while freaking out that we weren't going to be able to get home, but one go was all it took.
Thomas wanted to stay for the next movie too, but they were all so sleepy that we didn't want to have to get them into car seats later, so we left.
Apparently we would never had made it through
the 2nd movie anyway!

No comments:
Post a Comment