Thursday, August 19, 2010

Birthdays

Today was the big double birthday. We got to enjoy cinnamon rolls for breakfast as per Thomas' request, and then he opened presents. He was excited about the new additions to his Star Wars collection.
The big 8 year old

Zach was just as excited as Thomas about the new
Republic Tank. That led to some tears during play time.

Spenser was just excited that he got to enjoy a run

After playing (and fighting) with the new toys we decided to go out for lunch. Thomas chose Red Robin.

Here he is awaiting his food

We were excited to be along for the ride too!

In an attempt to get a couple of free birthday sundaes I mentioned to the waiter that it was Spense and Thomas' birthday. If I had know how foolish he would make them look for said sundaes I think I might have just paid for them. Sitting up in front of everyone in the restaurant with balloon ears on is a tad bit embarrassing. Spenser wasn't at all impressed.

Olivia soon went over and joined her brother

When we asked Thomas if he would like a party he said that he would just like to have a few friends over to do something fun. We decided to drive up and see a Rainier's game. We had thought about going and seeing the Mariner's, but decided that shorter drive and being closer to the game would probably be more interesting for the boys.

We had some cake and ice cream before we headed out. Here is Thomas trying not to be embarassed by "Happy Birthday to You' song!

Trevor was already bored at the beginning of the game!

Ryan, Jordan, and Connor

Spenser and Olivia

Poor Spenser spent most of the game running around trying to get food for everyone. He finally got to enjoy some of the game during the last few innings. It really wasn't much of a birthday for him at all - sorry.

It got pretty crazy in the stands

Connor and Olivia

We had a fun evening and got to see plenty of home runs. As we left the stadium the boys insisted on scanning the perimeter for the balls that had gone over although we assured them that they were long gone. Sadly, we were right.

Happy birthday dear boys. Thomas, I hope that you had a wonderful day. Spenser, I am sorry that I know I didn't make your day wonderful enough. As I thought back on the day later I realized that you didn't even get a cake, and we didn't sing happy birthday to you. If that had been my birthday I would have felt truly shafted, but you didn't complain. Thank you for being more gracious than I! Hopefully, things will improve next year.

No comments: