Monday, August 30, 2010

Farewell Olivia Beach


Today we packed up and left 'Hakuna Matata,' our home at the beach for a few days. I wish that we could have had one day more, but it was starting to rain so it was probably good that we were leaving.

The upstairs media room which converted into a bed

Upstairs queen room

The kids room

Downstairs living room

The dining room and kitchen
(There was also a king suite downstairs that I didn't get a shot of)

The kids have enjoyed having Liam around

Pausing for a goodbye photo

We decided to pass through Tillamook on the way home so that we could visit the cheese factory. Mum always reminisces about how she had the best fish and chips ever there so we had to take her back. She does enjoy her food when she's on holiday! The road up there was pretty long and windy so I was glad when we finally stopped since I was starting to feel a little queazy.

We started with the short tour of the factory.
The kids of course had to get a picture here.

Zach also got in on the action

And so did Liam

He made a pretty cute farmer!

The kids thought that it was pretty interesting to see the cheese being cut and packaged.

The of course there were the cheese samples and then it was time for lunch. I'm pleased to report that mum's fish and chips lived up to her expectations. She then treated us all to some ice cream.
Thomas was upset that there was only one piece of
cookie dough in his cookie dough ice cream!

Josh was clearly excited by the size of his mouth!

Liam thought that grandma's hair was pretty entertaining

Goodbye Tillamook. Your cheese and
ice cream is delicious!

It was then back to the homestead, but not before first calling into the mall for some really quick tax free shopping.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Tillamook was on our list of things we wanted to do this summer, but the weather was so awful we never made it down there. Maybe next year! I want some of that yummy ice cream and the tour looks cool, too.