Thursday, February 3, 2011

Big Boy Zach


On Tuesday morning Zach told me that he wanted to put on his underwear when he got dressed. Olivia has had him wearing it for a couple of weekends now and he has done pretty well, but he still didn't seem overly interested. I am one of those people who subscribes to the 'wait until they are really ready so then potty training isn't quite as awful' philosophy. Call me lazy, but it has worked with my two other kids.

I always knew that once this little guy made up his mind it wouldn't take him long. Determination has always been one of his hallmark traits, and I was right. Since Tuesday he has been dry both day and night. He has even been pooping in the potty (something which Thomas and Olivia both tried to avoid for as long as their bodies would let them). Our only issue is that he likes to do it all himself and the bathroom doesn't always look too great afterwards. The shower curtain has spent some time in the laundry these last few days, but Zach is most certainly a big boy now. Actually, if you ask him if he's a big boy he will tell you, "I'm not a big boy. I'm Zach!"

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Yeah Zach!! David has never had a problem at night either...I find it unusual but I'm not complaining.

Susan said...

No more diapers! Good for you and good for Zach!

Graham said...

Well done Big Boy!

Troop 1084 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.