Since we now have church in the morning we have been trying to get out and enjoy the day when the weather is good. Today was a clear day and so we decided to bike out along the Chehalis Western Trail. Some people were a little less excited about it than others, but they got forced to come along anyway.
Thomas didn't think that it was entirely fair that
he's the only one who actually has to bike
Ready to go
The almost 3 miles on the way down was fine, but Thomas lost it when we turned around to come back. Admittedly his bike is a little big for him and so he has to lean over quite a bit, but I don't think it made his back quite that sore. Somehow I got left to bring up the helm with him. I didn't mind the tears for the first little while, but by the end my sympathy was completely gone. I turned into my dad. I could hear it in my voice and I knew that I was pulling the same kind of face. I just laughed at him because I didn't know what else to do. I was as glad as Thomas when we finally saw the road. We might have to take a bike break until he grows a little bit.
1 comment:
That made me smile :) Great story to tell him when he's older.
Post a Comment