We had decided that this Memorial Day was going to be all about getting the deck up. We have wanted to do this for years, but never got round to it. To encourage things along I purchased some patio furniture for my birthday and Mother's Day. Of course I would need somewhere to put it! Things of course took much longer than I would have wanted. Spense got tired of me sticking my head out of the patio door and asking how things were going.
The weekend was of course interrupted by other things like church meetings, a trip to Seattle for a Mariners game (Spense forgot the camera for that one), and spending some time with the kids. We invited friends over on Monday so they weren't too bored with dad being stuck outside.
Leveling up
The deck is not yet complete, but is very functional. The kids have enjoyed having a 'stage' to play on and something to jump off. We are now awaiting the rest of the wood that's on order to finish and beautify the project. Thanks Spense for all your hard work. I knew you could do it.

1 comment:
It looks great! What else do you still need to add to it? Your backyard is coming along great. I can't wait until I can see all the changes in person.
Post a Comment