Thomas enjoyed another tournament up north this weekend. Spenser drove him on Friday night and I was responsible for the early morning game on Saturday. Somehow we managed to sleep in and had to hustle to get ready to leave. There were wet soccer clothes still in the washing machine too, but luckily they are made of material that dries pretty fast when you crank up the dryer!
At the beginning of the game their goal keeper broke his glasses and while his dad was fixing them Thomas volunteered to step in as goal keeper. I didn't like it one bit. It was too much pressure. I didn't want everyone blaming Thomas if the other teams ball went into the net, but he did a pretty good job.
I had planned on going home in between games and then bringing everyone up for the final game, but they asked Thomas if he would like to stay and play with the black team and he of course didn't want to turn down that opportunity.
Spense decided to bring everyone up earlier than we had planned and after we had eaten lunch and driven back to the field the kids were really ready to go so I took them home while Spenser stayed with Thomas. I think that if he sticks with this it might be time to get an RV.

2 comments:
The wall seems a little out of place on the free kick.
The wall seems a little out of place on the free kick.
Post a Comment