Since we knew that we weren't going to be able to make it out to Zion's on a camping trip this year, we decided that we should at least make a day trip out of it. Spense and Thomas were also anxious to use the new bows on the archery course, and since their birthday weekend was upon us we thought we should do something nice. We packed a lunch and ate it when we arrived.
We then played on the park for a little while.
The rope swing is always a hit
Olivia thinking about it
Of course this monkey loved it
Olivia finally gave it a go
Everyone enjoyed the new bows
Spense always enjoys being able to give some instruction
Safely retrieving his arrows
Not bad
Sam was a trooper in the back pack as usual
Nice shot Tom!
Olivia didn't do too bad either
After a bit of archery we decided to head down to the water to finish off the day.
Sam thought that the water was pretty fun. I didn't like how green it seemed to look.
Zach decided to get off the rope swing right
after this picture was taken!
They took the canoe out. Zach much preferred it to kayaking.
Dad didn't make him wet this time around.
Dad didn't make him wet this time around.
Always upset about something it seems.
I actually think he cut his toe so maybe I shouldn't
give him such a hard time.
They also took out a paddle boat
The Olympic memory lives on
Assuming his usual summer afternoon position.
I know I lucked out with this one so far.
We changed into some dry clothes and then headed home, picking up some Dairy Queen and blizzards on the way.
We pitched the tent and to complete the camping experience I lined some terracotta pots with foil and then lit some charcoal so that we could roast some marshmallows for smores.
It was a fun idea that worked really well
The only thing I hadn't fully anticipated was what might happen to the grass with a warm pot sitting on it. We later found three black circles of burnt grass where the pots had once been. At least I will know for next time, and since the grass hasn't done so weel this year Spenser seemed to give me a pass. Phew.
We lay on the deck and looked at stars
Then we settled down and watched a movie in the tent
The very best thing about this whole experience was that the kids got the joy of sleeping in the tent and I got to sleep in my nice warm bed with indoor plumbing close by. What could be better than that?!



No comments:
Post a Comment