Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kid's Olympic Games


My mum sent me a whole bunch of British paraphernalia before the London Olympics and so I figured that I should use it in some way.  We decided to go ahead and organize an Olympic games that the kids could invite some of their friends too.

We have thoroughly loved seeing London every morning over the past couple of weeks. I miss seeing home everyday and wish so badly that we could have been there. I feel like we missed out on the chance of a lifetime. I have been surprised by how much the kids have got into the Olympic spirit. I was shocked when Thomas and Olivia both stayed up to watch the athletes walk out during the opening ceremony at 1:00 a.m. They have watched in awe as Michael Phelps has won medal after medal. Olivia along with the rest of America has fallen in love with Missy Franklin and the swimming teams rendition of "Call me maybe."

So we got together some snacks and organized some games, sent out an evite and we had some friends show up to support us. We were lucky to have yet another beautiful evening. 


The rolos were supposed to represent gold medals


Cheeto Olympic torches


Everyone loves an oreo pop


Trail mix to refuel


Water to refresh


Of course there had to be a little healthy fruit


Lining up to begin the races


Clearly they have all been watching the track and field


Notice Zach in last place


The bigger girls


Notice a sad last place Zach now in his dad's arms


Grant was super fast and kept beating Thomas.
I'm sure he wished we hadn't invited him!



Sam was ready to help out


The little girls also gave it a try




Speaks for itself




Lots of red and sweaty faces








Measuring their long jumps


Ryan sadly ended up leaving early. I an attempt to jump super far he managed to 
land funny on his leg and hurt himself. We all felt bad. 


Getting serious about measuring




A bit of shot put


Buddies


She was sad about something...


Discuss




Doing the Bolt!


After all that hard work we got to enjoy treats


No comments: