Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Going to Coeur d'Alene

Spenser had a few days vacation and so we decided to drive out to Coeur d'Alene to go to Silverwood for a couple of days. Since our last trip out there was such a failure I had hopes of redemption. I convinced Spenser to stay in a hotel rather than camp this time, and I think that made things better. Camping can be such a lot of hard work, both preparing for the trip and while you're there too.

The kids did pretty well on the drive. They only started asking if we were there yet after they hit the 5 hour mark. Maybe more road trips are on the horizon for us. We hadn't booked the hotel, but knew where we wanted to stay which actually ended up working out well for us since they gave us a great rate. I always tell Spenser that it never hurts to ask. The worse they can say is 'no' and you've lost nothing (that's something that my cheeky dad has taught me!)


We spent some time hanging out on the bed watching a soccer game

All of the kids fought over this spinning chair

Spenser went out and picked up some Pizza Pipeline. That bought back fond memories of college days! We then spent the rest of the evening at the pool. The kids figured that even though we're going to a water park for the next 2 days, you can never get too much of a good thing.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Glad I didn't let Brad convince me to spend our vacation budget on "super nice camping gear." I don't mind camping but especially with small kids I don't think it is the best idea either.