Saturday, July 10, 2010

More Camping Fun

We all woke up bright and early to the sun shining through the canvas. All of us except Olivia of course. That girl could sleep forever.

We were camped pretty close to the river again like last year, but fortunately Zach understood the dangers a little more this year.

Everyone managed to have a pretty good nights sleep

What a great view for enjoying some breakfast

I clearly look like I didn't get as much sleep as the others

After we finished breakfast and packed up our belongings we headed over to the stables where the kids enjoyed a led horse ride. Zach was very eager to get his helmet on and get up on his horse. He rode Charlie who was a little bit stubborn so I was glad that Spenser had him since I don't like to pull the horses too much. I feel like I'm being mean.

Olivia got to ride Zach the horse

Riding Time

Zach talked about Charlie the horse all day

My little cow girl

Thomas waited patiently for his turn

I got to take him for a ride on Zach (the horse not his brother!)

Thomas and Trevor

After our time was up the kids decided that they just wanted to go on the slip and slide again while some of our other friends went home or paddled around in the canoes. Olivia said that she didn't want to join in so I didn't bother getting changed, but then of course she changed her mind when she saw everyone in action.

Thomas seemed to have some trouble holding on to his tube

Devin and Katrina dropped by about an hour before we left for home. The kids had a lot of fun being able to hang out with them.

They made a couple of big chains led by Olivia

Olivia just loves having Katrina around

The day was hot and we got pretty fried. It was time to head home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So Jealous! Miss ou guys a ton.

Graham said...

Dear Nadia,

i know know how to comment on your blog so i will be doing it on a regular basis if you don't mind. i hope you will not take it personal what i might say, i know you can be techie sometimes.

however it looks like you really had a great time. Just a point, why don't we have a nice time when we come to your house like you seem to have one we have gone back? the camping looked great we have got to do that at least Laine and me have got to do it, can you arrange it for us please.

Grazza xxxxxxxxxx