Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 2

As we walked down to breakfast this morning we realized that it had been raining. I immediately decided that we should just pack up and leave since I didn't want to pay for another day at Silverwood if the weather wasn't going to be enjoyable! Luckily, my husband is more of an optimist than me and believes with sticking with the original plan. After consulting weather.com we decided to take a risk and believe them when they said that the weather would clear out by the afternoon. Luckily, they were right and we enjoyed another fun day. I think that the kids were still a little tired from yesterday though, especially Olivia who was ready to leave around 2:00 p.m.

Zach loved playing with Thomas in 'Toddler Springs'

I think Thomas liked it in there too!

There was a lot of wrestling going on

There was lots of running around too

Pausing for a break

After we got changed we decided to go on the train. The older two weren't very happy about this but we knew that Zach would love it and he did. He enjoyed waving at everyone we saw.

Some grumpy faces

The worst part about the train ride was that it ended up costing us $10. During the ride they had a couple of actors come out and pretend to hold up the train. They went through the carriage and collected money for charity. Spenser reached over to give Thomas some money and when the 'robber' came along I watched as it took Thomas a little while to put the money into the bag. It was only then that I realized that he had also put him $10 in there which he had been saving to buy a memento. He said that he thought we would get the money back at the end! There wasn't too much that we could do, except tell him that we would give him the money back. Spenser said that there are worse things than giving money to charity!

Zach fell asleep on the train, so when we were done I took off with Olivia while Thomas and Spense went off to ride more coasters.

Olivia was happy with her promised cotton candy

Olivia enjoyed riding solo for a while and then
she wanted Zach to wake up

Zach of course woke up just as we were about to leave, so we decided to go on one last ride so he didn't get completely gipped.

Riding our last ride of the trip

We had a fun trip and now just have the ride home and an overnight visit from Devin and Katrina to look forward to to finish off our week.

No comments: