Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Busy Busy


Today we celebrated Olivia's graduation from Kindergarten. I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by. Olivia has loved school and has already been talking about how much she will miss her friends over the summer. She has become so much more confident this year, although she still doesn't ever like to speak up and ask for anything (but I totally understand her on that one!) I often wonder what goes on inside her little head, and this year I have realized that it's quite a lot. She thinks about a lot of things and asks some interesting questions. She listens well too and I have been amazed by all the things that she remembers.


Listening intently


Olivia with Mrs Egolf

Olivia insisted on wearing a dress at graduation today because she said that Mrs Egolf would be wearing one too. Mrs Egolf was perfect for Olivia. She had clear expectations for the children and expected them to perform at a high level. 

Johanna took Zach and Olivia home with her after graduation and I got to go down to the park for the 3rd grade picnic. I think that I was expecting more of a planned event, but we just ate and then the kids played for an hour or so. It was interesting watching Thomas play 4 square with a few friends. I'm not quite sure why they play the game to be honest because about 90% of the time is spent arguing about who is out. 


Thomas and Ryan


Mrs Eygabroad and some of her class

This is the only picture that I was able to take of Thomas and Mrs Eygabroad. When I tried to go into class with him to get a shot he wouldn't let me because he thought it would be embarrassing. He really is growing up! We really enjoyed her this year. She has been strict and demanded a lot out of Thomas, but he has really thrived.


Our day ended at Thomas' first soccer game of the season. The weather was warm and perfect.


Thomas even managed to put a couple of goals in the back of the net to secure the Phoenix's first win.


No comments: