As I pulled into school I saw that the buses hadn't left yet, so Olivia was able to jump on and ride with her friends. After checking Thomas in, Zach and I piled into Johanna's car and we enjoyed a drive to the zoo with them.
The weather was just about perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. The kids had fun being together and ran from exhibit to exhibit all day long. We got to see most of the animals that we wanted to. Olivia was sad that she didn't get to take a peek at the clouded leopard though. The polar bears were also super active when we visited them and enjoyed fighting with one another, which the kids thought was great (probably because they do it such a lot too!)
Lilly, Ava, and Olivia
In the sharks mouth
Taking a look at the camel
The cute artic fox
I was really touched that all day long Olivia would ask me to take pictures of animals that she liked to show to Thomas. She said that he would be sad that he couldn't be with us, but she wanted to show him what she had seen.
Taking a short break
At the end of the day Olivia and Connor both decided that they wanted to ride the bus back to school. It was a fun and busy day and I was pretty surprised that Zach didn't fall asleep on the way home, but a movie and sitting next to baby Eliza definitely kept him entertained. Thanks for letting us come with you Olivia. We loved spending the day with you.

1 comment:
I don't know why I have a cell phone. I am so lame!!! We are glad you met us in time. It was a fun day. Now if we can only get anymore sunshine...
Post a Comment