Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nisqually Field Trip

Today I went with Thomas on his field trip to Nisqually Wildlife Refuge. I was even lucky enough to ride the bus out there with them! I always enjoy seeing the way in which Thomas interacts with his friends, and it's always fun to see all the kids that he talks about.

The class had all spent time preparing bird reports and were going out to the refuge to see if they could spot any of them. I was quite impressed with how much they had learned.


I got to watch Thomas and Ryan today. Ryan wasn't thrilled with the first part of the day when they got to learn about the area and the kinds of plants and animals they might find there. He said that if he had known it would be so boring he would have stayed home.


Listening for bird sounds


Things got a little more exciting after lunch when we collected our binoculars and went searching for wildlife.


Trevor and Thomas bird watching.


Thomas fell in love with his 'Birds of the Puget Sound' book

Although the wildlife was hard to find it was nice to spend some time one on one with Thomas. He's a pretty smart and great kid.

1 comment:

Graham said...

Toms the man! i wonder if he will be content to become a dentist, maybe another bear Griles.

love Granddad xxxxxxxx