We decided to join with lots of other people today and went down to the local airshow. We met the Johnson's there and had a fun time hanging out. I have to say that I'm not a huge airplane fan (mainly because I don't appreciate them I'm sure) but it was fun to see some of the stunt planes in action and the helicopter that dropped a car from the sky. The jet, however, was just plain noisy! When we were at home last night it had flown over the house practicing and Olivia had shut the screen door because it was too loud. I knew that we were going to have problems today!
The jet was quite something. Poor Zach had just barely fallen asleep and so I had to put my hands over his ears every time it passed. Needless to say his nap didn't last long, but he did seem to be the only one of the group who wasn't bothered by it too much. Sadie had her ear plugs in so she was OK, poor Connor had to go into the museum because he was so upset, and Thomas and Olivia both covered their ears the entire time. Money well spent I guess! After walking around a couple of planes we left for a less exciting afternoon of chores, errands, and last minute shopping for Father's Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment