Olivia had a bit of a rough weekend which involved a trip to the emergency room on Friday night after she woke up wheezing and could hardly catch her breath. I got out the nebulizer that I still have from the bout of croup with Zach got back at the beginning of the year and gave her some albuterol, but that didn't really seem to do the trick. After sitting with her for a little while Spense and I both decided that it might be wise to go down to the hospital since it had all started so quickly and she really was having such a tough time. I got to stay home and worry and they came home a couple of hours later with a croup diagnosis. You'd think with having an experience just months ago we might have spared the doctor his time, but we still have many failings as parents.! When she arrive she was thrilled to tell me about her bracelet that had her name and age on it and didn't want to sleep at all. So, the wonderful Spenser sat up watching Brother Bear with her until after 3 in the morning. The next day, you hardly knew anything was wrong at all. Oh, well!
Anyway, by today she was pretty tired from her mixed up sleep schedule and so when it went quiet I was a little worried. It can mean that she is up to no good, or it can mean that she is just reading in her room or has put herself to bed. It's nice when she does that, but it was so early in the evening that I knew she would wake up later and want to come into our room demanding chocolate milk (which she did).
Well, this is what I found

I can't for the life of me believe that's comfortable and so I quickly moved her to her "pink pillow" so she could sleep peacefully, well at least until she needed a slave to get some chocolate milk!
3 comments:
Olivia is so cute! I'm glad that everything is ok with her!
Nad, for some reason your text doesn't come up on my computer so I am not completely sure what you are up to, I can only guess from the pictures. Hope you are all ok. Olivia is the cutest dancer!!!! I will try to call you again soon. Any suggestions on how to get your text to show???????
Poor thing. Kat had croup a while back too. I love the picture of her on the floor. Tim and I are waiting for the day that Kat does that.
I am glad she is ok!
Post a Comment