

(All the great photos courtesy of my sister in law Amy Lee)
Today was finally the big day for Devin and Katrina. Everyone started to arrive on Wednesday. First came Kent and Noelene, who were then followed by Dusty, Mike, Amy, and kids with Great Grandma Packer, and Clay and Jorden brought up the rear. We definitely had fun trying to fit an extra 9 people into the house, but we managed it.
Yesterday we tried to take new family pictures in the afternoon, and then we spent the early part of the evening over at Katrina's house. Her family wanted to have a little BBQ so that we could get to meet everyone before the wedding day. They were certainly nice people, but I ended up spending quite a bit of the time in the car with Zach. He wanted to do nothing but scream and cry (mainly because Katrina's dog wasn't doing what he wanted it to do) and I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy their food in piece. I came home early with the kids while Spense went out with his brothers for a "stag night" of bowling.
I was impressed by our very best efforts to be at the temple on time. We were among the 1st family members there, and had had over an hours drive to get there. Thomas insisted on watching the Book of Mormon animated DVD's on the way up there since we were going to the temple. He also took along his Book of Mormon reader to read while he was waiting in the temple. He sure is a spiritual one - we're not sure how!
It's always nice to be in the temple together with loved ones. It's nice to have a chance to remember those promises that you have made and the responsibilities you have. I am always amazed at how little the Lord asks of us and the wonderful blessings that he is eager and willing to give to us in return. We all then came outside and waited for this cute couple to emerge.
Zach if course wasn't in the mood to wait for anyone, so I spent some time across the way with him and a juice box. Once he was properly hydrated he seemed to do better, but I didn't exactly have high hopes for his behavior today if last night was anything to go off.
Spenser came over to relieve me from Zach care for a little while, and a few minutes later bought him over to me screaming and crying with a nice bump on his head. Zach had got mad at Spenser and thrown himself down like he always does, and hit his head. Little did he realize that he was on concrete and not a carpeted surface, and that leaves a bit more of a mark.
Zach and his bump
There was a little horse play while we waited for
Devin and Katrina to come out of the temple
More messing around from Thomas and Jared
Nathan, Jared, and Thomas
More smiles
Thomas and Jared
Good buddies
My cute little boy
Hanging onto dad
Then it was time for some pictures on the lawn. The grass was wet and the ground was so soft that all of us ladies wearing high heels were sinking.
The bride and groom with Great Grandma Packer.
She epitomizes everything that I think a grandmother should be. She's 91 years old and still hopped in the car and travelled for 12 hours to see her grandson get married. She is present at every grandchild's special event, and she makes everyone feel like they're her favorite grandchild. I only hope that I will be like her someday.
The girls of the Cammack family.
We are rather outnumbered by the men in the family. Apparently the Y chromosome is very dominant in the Cammack genetic makeup. Baby girls are just a dream!
All of the little people at the wedding
Poor Gina had to hold a very sad Zach whose
mother just abandoned him and walked away
This was the only picture we really got of Olivia smiling
She looked cute in the little dress that Grandma
Elaine had sent to her

The Cammack boys checking Devin out
Devin with the ma and pa
Katrina looked really cute and super happy
I hope I looked that happy on my big day!
Zach was absolutely filthy before we even left the temple,since it was lunch time and he was in need of some nourishment. I had forgotten to bring him an extra shirt in my desire to get out of the house on time so there wasn't too much I could do about it.
After photos we headed over to the nearby Embassy Suite hotel for the luncheon.
Olivia
A few of the Cammack clan
As you can see Dusty was really excited to be there -
maybe he was just sad that his twin was leaving him!
Thomas enjoying his luncheon roll
There was about 4 hours down time in between the luncheon and reception. Spenser took our kids swimming, while I went searching for a gift. I had a hard time navigating in the area since there are trees everywhere and you can't see anything from the road. Unlike the rest of the family, we don't have a GPS or an I- phone so I just had to do my best, and I came back very frustrated.
At just before 7pm we headed of to the evening reception. It was held at a clubhouse up in a nice neighborhood on top of the hill . They had done a great job with all the food and decorations and it was so nice and low key.
The outside tables
Wedding cake
The food.
Some of us were drawn to the chocolate cake
Here is one such member of my family
who loves her cake
Checking it all out and planning some type of destruction
That pained smile as I make her take a photo
Thomas just chillin'
Zach with a clean shirt that came with his pants, but was too small since I had to buy for his short legs. As you can see the tie didn't last long. This kid is busy and very determined.
I finally got him to stop running long enough
to take a picture with his tie on!
Gina and Olivia. She just loves her older girl cousins
to bits and they are so kind and patient with her
Thomas bidding farewell to Grandma Noelene
We left the reception at just after 8pm so unfortunately missed the dancing, but we knew that we had a long drive home. We also still had to pack for the family reunion tomorrow, and tidy up for those people who are coming back to the house on Tuesday.

























5 comments:
Really cute photos! Olivia looks so nice in her pretty dress and so do the boys - I can't see any filth on Zach man! Can I just tell you how much he looks like me as a baby! Poor boy! =) Thanks for sharing the photos! Much love xx
You guys are having a busy time of it! What gorgeous photos, the bride and groom look lovely and oh so young!! Your kids are SO cute Nad x x x
Thanks for finding my blog, I'm laughing about "blog stalking", that's funny. We're doing great. It's good to hear from you.
Well at least you got one girl right? And thanks for hosting us so much. I have so much more respect for you guys dragging your whole family out to our wedding now!
Look at how grown up your kids are getting! Geez, where does time go?! Everyone is looking great!
Post a Comment