Sunday, July 26, 2009

Photos and Chocolate

We headed out to sacrament meeting at the nearby branch today and spent a lot of time lounging upon our return. Spense and I walked down to the clubhouse with Kent while zach slept to check out the pool incase the kids wanted to head out there tomorrow. The weather was so hot that it wasn't all together too much fun to be outside. It seems like every time Spenser's family comes they manage to bring the Arizona heat with them. We were in charge of dinner today and so I finished that off as I listened to Kent's family home evening. 

Megan and Gina got into playing
some pool after church

The boys spent a lot of time attaching
Bendaroos to the wall (even though it
looks like they drew on it!)

Spenser and Grandma Packer 
We were so glad that she was there

Olivia spent a lot of the time on the floor with
baby William. She now wants a baby sister!

Olivia and baby William

Spenser and I on our walk to the clubhouse

After eating our BBQ sandwiches we all got dressed up for Amy to take our individual family photos. It was a little late in the evening before we headed out so Zach wasn't really in the best mood which helped to make things interesting. Olivia was also pretty non cooperative. We just kept telling her that we could get the chocolate fountain out as soon as we got back, but even that didn't seem to help too much. Amy definitely managed to do a great job with what she had to work with. I do wonder though when we will ever get a family photo again in which everyone is looking at the camera and smiling!

This pretty much summed up the photo attempt. We had an upset zach, a grouchy Olivia, and little Thomas who was trying his best. The parents - they just didn't want to be seen!

There's not too much you can say about 
our boy other than, "Oh Zach!"

Our handsome Thomas

The beautiful Miss Olivia

The happy Zach

When we arrived back at the cabin we got fruit and cake cut up and melted chocolate for the fountain. Everyone enjoyed it, especially Zach. He was definitely the evenings entertainment!

Olivia waiting for the chocolate
(notice that she's smiling now!)

Thomas was ready with his pound cake

Zach was upset to be waiting for
some chocolate to dip his marshmallow into

Megan was well behaved as she waited...

...for our fruit cutter and chocolate melter...

...to get the show on the road

Everyone seemed to really enjoy it

Zach managed quite the chocolate mustache

but he wasn't the only one!

Nathan's legs didn't end up like this though
(and Nathan wasn't taken straight to the bath either!)

4 comments:

England Family said...

Gorgeous pictures Nad. I actually love the first family one! SOunds like you have been having lots of family fun! You all looked gorgeous at the wedding too by the way. Where those high heels that I saw! You are a proper girl. I only hope to be one of those one day!

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

Cute pics...and I think that Olivia does need a baby sister :)

Deidre said...

I am such a bad mother to put David to bed!! :)

Debs said...

Have enjoyed catching up on your posts. You have had such a busy and fun time!! I love the new family photo at the top of your blog - very trendy x x