Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Wiggles Go Bananas


Zach, like Thomas and Olivia, has loved the Wiggles for a while and so when I saw that they were coming our way I got some tickets booked. I asked Thomas if he still wanted to come with us, and not to feel left out or anything he said that he did. I think that Spense was a little sad not to have an out for this one!

Our performance was scheduled for 3 p.m and we left home a little after noon thinking that we would have plenty of time to make the 2 hour drive up to Everett. Unfortunately, the traffic was awful and Spense dropped me and the kids off while he found parking. We managed to run into the arena with only minutes to spare (and the Wiggles were running behind too which also helped us out). We had this same experience when we went to see Disney on Ice a couple of years back in Seattle and missed most of the first half of the show. I am thinking that we may have to reconsider attending these kinds of events in the future. When I saw little Zach's face as those Wiggles rode out in the big red car it was worth all of the heart palpitations I had experienced on those last few miles of the drive. 


I was actually really impressed with the show that they put on. They were very entertaining and very athletic. Zach was a little quiet at the beginning of the show, mainly because I think he was in awe of the fact that his idols were right there on stage in front of him. In true Olivia fashion she managed to be a bit miserable. Large, noisy events are sometimes a little overwhelming for her and she copes by putting her thumb in her mouth and her fingers in her ears! Thomas seemed very aware of the fact that he was one of the oldest kids there, and while I knew he was having a good time he made sure that he didn't go too crazy with all the singing and dancing. After the grand finale of "Hot Potato" (a real childhood classic) we left the arena to Zach's unhappy cries. 

Olivia holding her ears!

The Wiggles!

The team

Henry and Captain Feathersword


When I held Zach close to me as we left the arena, I realized that his diaper was full and no longer doing it's job as pee was running down his leg. We left the arena looking like real scrats with our little boy wearing a T-shirt and a diaper. We didn't leave of course without first checking out the things to buy. I was glad that Thomas and Olivia decided to get soft toys that they could all share, so we came home with Dorothy, Henry, and Wags the Dog.


We drove just a short way to the nearby Alderwood mall and Spense ran in and found a new pair of shorts for Zach. We then enjoyed some dinner at Macaroni Grill before we headed into the mall so that I could have a quick look for something to wear for Devin and Katrina's wedding next weekend. Unfortunately, there was still nothing that caught my eye and I am getting a little anxious about what I'm going to be wearing. Even though the kids had already managed to extract one toy from us today, Spense took them into the Disney store and of course they came out with something small. Those kids definitely made out like bandits today. 

It was then time for our drive home. Luckily, we made better time than on the way up and all of the kids were asleep before we hit the house. The perfect end to a great day!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Ooo wiggle wiggle wiggle! We love those wiggles! I know a Grandma who would have loved it just as much as the kids! xx

Debs said...

Liv has just gotten into the wiggles as her cousin Ani introduced them to her - I find myself singing their songs in the shower - aaarr!! x