Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Woodland Park


Since the weather was scheduled to be a little cooler for the beginning part of the week, we decided to head up to Woodland Park Zoo. I like to go to the zoo when its cooler, since pushing a stroller around with tired, sweaty people in it when you are tired and sweaty yourself isn't always too much fun. The Johnson's came along for the ride too and we all had a fun day together seeing the animals, riding the carousel, and eating popcorn and cotton candy on the way home.

Taking some time for lunch

Watching the penguins was quite exciting

The grizzly bear

The boys loved the bears, but they made
Olivia quite nervous

The hippopotamus

Olivia had some trouble hanging onto the lion

Thomas and Connor had fun running around together

I have been promising Thomas that I would take him to see Night at the Museum 2 for a couple of weeks now, and tonight was the appointed night. I was tired when we arrived home, but that little boy doesn't forget anything and asked if we were still going. I really thought about putting it off until another night, but I remembered some advice a mom had given me once. She said that we always try hard to keep our promises to others, but often let down those that we love, especially our children. With those words sounding in my ears we headed out to the movie theater. We enjoyed some Dibbs and popcorn, and drank down quite a bit of sprite. The movie was entertaining, although maybe not quite as good as the first, but we enjoyed the night together.