As I looked at the pictures I took on Father's Day I realized that I had done a pretty poor job of documenting the occasion. We all had a pretty late start to the day which made us rush to get ready for church on time, but that extra sleep sure felt good. We started off with some stuffed strawberry french toast, but it unfortunately went downhill from there when Spenser ended up making his own lunch. As we drove out a little late for church I realized that I hadn't called my dad and it would be too late to call him when I got home. I was just glad that it was my dad I couldn't call since I knew he wouldn't mind too much. He's secure in the knowledge of my love for him I guess.
Climbing on dad is an important part of the game
After dinner we ended the evening with some monopoly. We love to play games on Sunday nights as a family and as usual it ended in tears. We have some extremely competitive kids it would seem. Sometimes the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Thomas had written some really cute things about his dad at school.
"My dad is special because he takes care of me. Another reason us when he takes me to a Sounder's game. I feel special. Third, he buys me presents. Fourth, he is nice. Another reason I like my dad is because he loves me. Sixth, he always buys me things when I reach my AR (reading) goal. Seventh, he takes me out to lunch. Eightieth, he buys my family food. When he makes hot dogs they are the best hot dogs ever! Those are the reasons my dad is special."
Clearly buying things is an important part of what Spenser does. Thank you Spenser for EVERYTHING. We sure do appreciate you around these parts.

1 comment:
Eric had a pretty lame father's day, and I missed calling my dad too. I really didn't do well that day in honoring the dads in my life.
Post a Comment