After a month of practice, tonight the Lions played their first game. It was a great night to be outside, but unfortunately the team didn't do great. They got well and truly beat and you could see that was deflating. I think that they've definitely learned some lessons for the future. We also had to talk to Thomas about not crying until you get to the car!
Thomas' supporters were out in full force
Olivia just wanted to play on the park
She did watch a little once dad arrived
from his softball game
Checking out the field
Of course Thomas complained that there was some
bumping. We told him that was part of the game
Taking some time out during play rotations
Thomas has some skill on the field, but is always
looking to pass the ball. He needs to be a little more aggressive.

2 comments:
Oh, the days of soccer. It brings back so many memories! I'm glad you had good weather for it. It is hard to watch sometimes, but the kids always do their best which is what it's all about. There's always next time!
He reminds me of Alex. I loved the Tumwater Soccer Association summer seasons. It was a great excuse for us to get outside and enjoy watching our kids. It does get them down when they have a bad game though.
We did one or two summers where Alex had game on Tuesday/Thursday and Jesikah Monday/Wednesday. It was busy, but I enjoyed being out watching them play. It makes me want to sign them up for sports again. I've been a little slack in getting them involved in sports this past year.
Post a Comment