Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grouch

I've been a bit of a grouch just lately. I've blamed a lot of it on the weather because it's still so dang rainy and I want to get outside this summer. If I'm honest with myself I think that I'm a little homesick. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does I don't like it. I miss that green place where I grew up, where the people speak proper and drive on the other side of the road. I miss my family and I miss my friends.

I blame the World Cup a little. I watched the "Three Lions 2010" song on U-Tube and got a little emotional for goodness sake! I've seen English people everywhere get excited and even a little patriotic. The English feel about watching their team play football the same way that Americans feel on the 4th of July. There is "God save the Queen" and "Three Lions" being sung everywhere. I miss that English spirit. For now though all I can do is dress proudly in my England gear and sit in front of the TV and watch the lads. If only they would do us proud. It's not looking too hopeful right now. Come on England!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

We love you and miss you so much! Wish we were seeing you sooner but it gives us something to look forward too! Why don't you just jump on a plane and come and see us now! xx

Hayley said...

We also love England...but they better start pulling their socks up else the "Christmas" feel around will soon feel like "post Christmas"...but worse!!! =(

Eric and Rozanne said...

Ahh...I can't blame you for being homesick. You are a long way from home. You think the English grammar is bad there...good thing you don't live here. :) I can hardly stand the horrible grammar my kids pick up. I even caught myself saying something horribly wrong the other day. :)

Debs said...

I'm glad to hear you feel a little homesick Nad! There are many beautiful things about England, I would sure miss it if I were a long way from home. We miss you too!!! x x x