Friday, June 18, 2010

Portland Zoo

Our favorite Johnson people headed down to Portland last night and asked us if we wanted to enjoy a sleepover at grandma's with me. We were very tempted, but Thomas couldn't miss soccer practice so we drove down this morning to catch up with them. After lunch at Elephant's we headed over to the zoo. We had perfect zoo weather, not too hot or old. We all wore our England shirts with pride since they placed today. When I finally got home and watched the game I wished I hadn't bothered. Pride was just about the only emotion I wasn't feeling as I watched the boys lackluster performance.

Zach was very interested in the animals

He thought these zebras were pretty cool

Sitting on lion statues can also be fun

Olivia and Sadie lady

We got lots of these cute shots while we waited upon our elephant ear treats. Johanna's sweet mother in law waited in a super long line for us.

Connor and Zach

Zach loved his elephant ear

After elephant ears, the Johnson's headed back to see grandpa. We decided to stay a little longer and see the rest of the animals we had missed. I also hoped that by staying a little longer we would miss some of the rush hour traffic.

In the polar bear den

We also got to see this cute new cougar
He couldn't quite figure out his new surroundings

We also got a great view of the black bear hanging out

Showing some English pride

After a quick trip to the gift shop we headed out. Traffic was a little heavier than expected and it ended up taking us about 2 hours to get home. After a good serving of English football disappointment only a good nights sleep could help make things better.

No comments: