Monday, December 22, 2008

And there's more...


After Spense got home from work today he took the kids outside and snapped a few shots so that we will always be able to remember this wonderful week of snow! I laugh now when I look back at my post about how we justified the kids playing in the snow on Sunday because it doesn't snow much here when we ended up getting almost 2 feet.

Thomas has really had enough of it though.There are only so many times that you want to sled and so many times that you want to get wet and cold. I think that he's also realizing the limitations that the snow puts on travel. He asked if he could have friends over today and I said that I didn't think that too many people would want to drive in this. The roads in the area really are awful. They have hardly moved any of the snow and you're bumping around all over the place giving yourself whiplash whenever you go out. My biggest fear has just been sliding into someone because I hit the ice wrong. I sure have been glad to have been driving around in my SUV and not Spenser's little car (although we still love her!) So all in all - NO MORE SNOW!


The play set has had about as much use this week as it did in
the summer. They love sliding down into the snow.

They also love to pretend that they are
climbing Mount Everest I think.




Some of the icicles that we found on the play set.



We finally decided to take Zach out into the snow since he's been
standing at the window all week watching whenever the kids are out.
I couldn't find any better shoes for him so his feet got a little cold...

...which he really didn't seem to like!

In his defense though I took him to the Dr's today because he
has had goopy eyes that are stuck shut in the morning and a
horrible cold. I also discovered that he has a double ear infection,
so that's why we are now out playing in the snow!

2 comments:

England Family said...

Nad, I hear you about the snow. We only got snow and ice for 3 days this week and it was all too much for me! I hate driving in it too! It went pretty quickly here though. Just feeling glad that we are movingt to NC and not Vermont as we were going to! It's all nice to look at, not to live in!

Debs said...

Great photos!! The snow looks so beautiful and fun but I HATE driving in it too- its a good job we don't get much here! x