Friday, December 19, 2008

Preschool Party

Snow or no snow it certainly wasn't going to stop Mr. and Mrs. Claus from heading out to the flight museum for Olivia's preschool party. Spenser really was a super guy.He got up early to go and buy ingredients to make homemade cookies for the event because I'd told him that Olivia wanted to take ones that she had helped frost. It kind of made me a little mad to watch him frosting those things so beautifully. I'm supposed to be the one who does that stuff the best. He shouldn't be able to do the things that I can do because I certainly wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about prepping a crown! Jealousy aside, he really did do an excellent job and said that he was just about one of the only one's there with something not bought from the store.



I wasn't able to go along since I had come down with the flu. I felt so bad that I couldn't manage to get out of bed very much at all, even as I saw the laundry and dishes piling up. It was hard, but sleeping was all I could do!

From all reports Olivia had a good time. She loved seeing Santa and being able to spend some time with her friends. She was also excited to play the new Chutes and Ladders game that she had been given. We just have to yeach her now that there are actual rules to the game that you are supposed to follow and its not just all about role playing with the characters on the board!


Singing some jingle bells


Mr. and Mrs. Claus


Olivia with her buddies

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Have I told you about the stuff Brad made out of fondant for David's party?! Same Deal.

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

Those were awesome cookies! I had no idea Spenser made them. I think I had a couple, and I know my kids had some too. Way to go Spenser.

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

Those were awesome cookies! I had no idea Spenser made them. I think I had a couple, and I know my kids had some too. Way to go Spenser.