Friday, December 5, 2008

Zoolights


We drove up to Zoolights tonight. Thomas wasn't thrilled that we are trying to make this into a family tradition because in his mind it just interfere with his favorite Friday tradition - movie night! I tried to explain to him that I want him to have lots of fun memories so that when he grows up and doesn't live with us anymore and is on his mission or off at college he can remember these things when he might get a little sad and remember how much his family loves him. He seemed to get it, but still wasn't very happy about leaving so we asked Ryan from next door to come too. There are times when I just don't want to have the whining (which makes me a weak person I know and I'm OK with that) and having Ryan always makes things more bearable.



The weather was pretty chilly, but we all had fun. They were blowing out some fake snow, which the kids thought was the highlight of the evening and they got to have a quick look in the aquarium and play on the giant spiders web at the playground in the dark! We did of course have to purchase one of the spinning, light up toys that they always have for sale at Zoolights. Part of the tradition I guess! The boys opted for light sabers and Zach just loved his twirling thing. That pretty much managed to keep him entertained and in his stroller the whole ride round the zoo - that's no small feat! Mum and Hayley also had to buy some light up toys for all of the concerts that they are planning to attend this year. Dad had to buy them though because Josh said that Hayley wasn't a small child and didn't need to waste money on one. Where's your Christmas spirit Scrouge?!


No comments: