Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year Comes to an End

We went back and forth on what we were going to do for New Years. First a few of us were going to get together at someone's house, then we talked about a big party at the church, and we finally ended up at the bowling alley. We had a lot of fun together and the best part about the evening was beating Spenser at bowling - twice! I had the best games of my life with 3 strikes in a row on both games and a couple of spares too (please don't think I'm too braggy!) The thing that Spenser was most upset about was that he said, "You just get up there and throw the ball. You don't look at where you're standing or anything do you?!" He's right. I just throw it and hope for the best and tonight it worked out. I also think he didn't like the fact that I was the only wife there who beat her husband!


In action!

Spense was smiling at first...and then he was wailing!


Zach sporting his new hair loved the balls

Thomas didn't like it very much at first because Spense could only find him a fairly big and heavy ball and I think that he thought that he had to stick with that. We finally convinced him to use the lighter ball that Olivia and Abby were sharing and he did much better. Olivia just loved it and was so sad when we were done. The only problem was that she didn't throw the ball very hard and so it took a long time for her turn to be over and we ended up being one of the slowest groups there. Zach just enjoyed walking around and playing with the balls. He thought that it was fun to push them back down the shoot and watch them come back up again. He did manage to make it out onto the lane a couple of times too !



The quality of these videos isn't great since we took them on the camera, but it gives you an idea.



Olivia in action



Thomas spent a lot of time rolling on the
floor for some reason

When we were all finished we headed out to Jack in the Box for some shakes since they were the only ice cream place around that was still open. We then came home and the kids put on movies and I fell asleep before midnight as usual. Spense woke me up with a couple of minutes to go and Thomas and I came downstairs and watched them set off the fireworks from the Space Needle.

To be honest with you I am glad to see a new year begin. I felt like last year was a bad year for me. I have had some bad attitudes and haven't been the person that I really wanted to be and so am glad for the chance that I have to work on another year. As I've looked back at the some of the things we did this year I am grateful for the love of family and friends and the chances that we have to grow and change.

1 comment:

Debs said...

Go Nad! The only thing I've beaten Dan at is table tennis and boy was he a bad loser!!
You are by no means a bad person Nad, you are being way to hard on yourself!I think we all feel like that about ourselves at times, but you are more honest than most! x x x