The year before last we decided to have a fondue on Christmas Eve and we enjoyed it so much we thought that we would make a thing out of it. I love that the preparation and clean up are relatively simple and so you get more time to focus on being together. As I cut up cheese, bread, and meat the kids and Spenser went through the closets finding costumes for the nativity later that evening. It ended up that the Star Wars halloween costumes really turned out to be a good purchase. Who would have thought that Luke Skywalker could be turned into Joseph with the simple addition of a towel?!
Zach loved the skewers. We didn't think that it was terribly
safe, but after trying several alternatives resulted in high pitched
screaming we finally broke down and he did just fine.
on the end of her skewer, which made her happy enough.

Everyone loved the chocolate fountain. I think
that I had the best face! There were some
chocolate covered shirts when we were all done.
The nativity was fun. Olivia really got into caring for the baby Jesus, which was a huge improvement on last year when Thomas had to keep telling her off for not treating him properly. Our shepherd didn't seem to be too bothered by the good news, but it was so nice to see them all participating. The performance of our one wise man was outstanding and of course the angel was exquisite!that I had the best face! There were some
chocolate covered shirts when we were all done.
After opening the traditional one gift of pj's we suddenly realized how late it had got. We quickly scooped up some pre-made cookie dough for Santa (no homemade stuff for our guy this year!), poured a glass of milk, sprinkled the reindeer food, hung the stockings, and got off to bed. Thomas was warned that if he woke up before anyone else he was not allowed to go downstairs alone. Unfortunately, he has had some discussion with us to whether or not Santa is real. A lot of hos friends already have been telling him that he's not (sad!). I think that we were convincing, but maybe only for this year I'm not sure. Oh, the lost innocence!
After assembling a few little things we finally made it to bed, but not before Spense had set up a barricade at the top of the stairs.



1 comment:
I love the note to Santa, I'm glad I could blow it up and read it. I bet Santa was really happy when he read it and got to eat the yummy cookies I know Thomas and Livy make!
Post a Comment