Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Thoughts


Like millions of other LDS people I sat down this weekend to listen to counsel from our leaders. Thank you Elder Holland for your powerful testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true too. I know that I should also read it more often than I do and more fully apply it's teachings in my life. Thank you for that reminder.

Thank you President Monson for reminding me of the only person I should ever be comparing myself to. I know I will never be the person that He was, but if I am to try and stack up I need to love and serve others just like the Savior did while he walked upon this earth. I thought about how I just haven't been as good at that lately. I need to look around and find more opportunities to get outside of myself.

Thank you Elder Bednar for reminding me how important it is that I teach the Gospel to my children and bear my testimony often about it's truthfulness. Thank you for giving me the encouragement that I need to be more consistent at having Family Home Evening and saying family prayers. I would hate to lose one of my children.
It made me think about a Home Evening we had a month or so ago. We were talking about the Temple and the steps that we need to take to get there. I placed a picture of the temple over by the fire and we walked on some footsteps with things like "go to church" and "faith in Jesus Christ" on them. Everyone took their turn, but when it was Olivia's turn she wouldn't join us. We were so sad that our little girl didn't want to be with us! Then I realized our problem and moved the temple where Olivia happily joined in. I was so grateful that she wasn't lost forever!

Our kids were having a hard time keeping focussed at times so I got out the conference packets. They had fun, but were probably noisier than when they were just playing together since they needed quite a bit of help with some of the activities.

Filling out their packets (even Zach did some coloring)

Thomas really worked hard with his word search

Olivia taking a quick peek at Thomas' work
They had obviously been playing dress up all morning!

There was of course the traditional omelet lunch cooked by the lovely Spense. It was a good weekend that sent me away with a whole lot to work on.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

You are cute the super Mum! I love it that they do their conference things in Batman clothes =)