Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hunters Patch



Today was Olivia's preschool trip to the pumpkin patch. We managed to get to school just before everyone left for Hunter's. Sandy made sure to tell me that if they were gone then I should just meet them out at the pumpkin patch. I know that she must think 'late again' every single day that Olivia walks into school. Olivia just has a really hard time getting up and getting going in the morning and taking Thomas to school earlier in the morning also doesn't help.

When we arrived Zach wasn't really in good spirits. He was a little clingy and just generally a little grouchy. We went straight out to the pumpkin patch on their little wagon and Olivia began to the search for what she called "the perfect pumpkin." It didn't really take her too long to find one and once she did there was no changing her mind when we saw another pumpkin that was a little bit better. I was surprised at how uninterested Zach was in getting down and running around. I really did think that he would be all over it, but I think that he didn't like the dirt on his shoes and he wouldn't wear the rain boots I had made a special trip to Target for last night.

Olivia and Sam

Helping Zach to feel less grouchy

Olivia and Chloe

This was the only interest he showed in anything
while we were out in the field

Heading back to base camp



I love to see her chatting with all of her little friends. She has become so much more social this year and it has been fun to see that shy, thumb sucking girl develop into a fun, chatty, and much more confident little girl.

When we arrived back the kids had fun going down the slide. I took Zach down a couple of times and then he wanted to go it alone with his sister.

The kids managed to get lost in the maze trying to find the slide
At least they all stayed together

Riding the slide


Zach having a go

Pausing for a class picture

With Miss Sandy and Miss Tammy

We then started to feed the goats and by this time it started to rain - hard. We went inside the barn to finish off feeding the goats in there and then ran out to our cars. We really couldn't have timed it more perfectly.

Feeding the goats and sharing food with a little brother

Abby and Olivia

It was then back to school for a little snack and we then stayed and played for a while. Zach had a great time playing with the toys in there and even though he is much smaller and younger than the kids in Olivia's class he wasn't afraid to let them know that sharing is not something that he really does.

Tonight we had our last soccer practice. Last game Friday!

Happiness


3 comments:

Deidre said...

Rain boots? At Target? I've been searching high and low including there. Maybe only in WA...

Ford Family said...

Looks great- I can't believe the size of those pumpkins! What a great trip- wish we could do that here! My kids would love it!

Debs said...

What a fun place to take your kiddies to! Olivia would love it - and so would I actually! Happy Halloween! x