I finally broke down and hosted the halloween party that the kids have been begging me to throw for the past couple of years. I wasn't sure how fun a party would be with a bunch of costume wearing, sugar loaded kids, but we ended up having a blast. After spending a bit of of time on the internet looking for ideas I was actually quite excited about doing it. Spense and I spent a bit of time last night making treats together, and finished off a few last minute things this morning.
Here are a few of our treats
Candy corn popcorn balls
Spider cupcakes
Eyeballs
Doughnuts
Tinkerbell stood at the door to welcome her guests
Alice in Wonderland made a special appearance
Peter Pan turned up too
The guests arrived around 3 p.m. Of course there was the usual running around while we waited for everyone. After calling some already sweaty kids to order, we played a few games.
Here's Olivia being blindfolded to play 'pin the stalk on the pumpkin'
Taking a look at how she did
Ryan and Connor seeing how it's done
Samantha and Abby
We then moved outside and strung up doughnuts for a doughnut eating competition. Hands were not allowed.
There always has to be some sort of costume with this one
Diving in
Trying not to use his hands
Some of us used our hands!
Since poor Lord Vader hadn't managed to take a single bite,
we let him use his hands too.
It was then back inside for some more sugar as we decorated cookies. I sent most of the kids home with their cookies and from the huge amount of sprinkles on them I'm not sure that a lot of them were entirely edible.
Taylor and Kaytee eating their cookies
Dawson the ninja
Ryan and Thomas thinking about how to even start!
Obi Wan Kenobi
Zach didn't really have too much interest in wearing a costume, but he did think it was fun to steal Thomas' hat and run around in his diaper. I can't keep clothes on the boy at the moment.
Since it was a nice afternoon the kids then ran around outside until parents showed up. We did have a couple of egg and eyeball races too.
The girls were quite the force to be reckoned with.
It may have had to do with the fact that some members
of the boys team couldn't even see what they were doing.
Connor patiently waiting for Ryan to get his act together!

6 comments:
SO much fun! You guys sure are brave and talented and creative! Connor and Sadie had so much fun. Thanks for keeping me company today.
Looks fun- I agree that you're brave to do it! Luckily my kids haven't asked yet- it's not such a big thing here fortunately!
I remember having a halloween party when we lived in Puyallup. We had so much fun. I thought about doing it again this year, but didn't. You have inspired me to do it again next year! Looked like you had an amazing time and lots of fun.
Nadia-you are the woman! I am always amazed at how many fun things you guys do!
Cool party! We did that once! It was fun, but haven't done one since.
Looks like a great party - but we wouldn't expect anything less would we?! I loved the costumes this year - I think Tinkerbell seemed much happier in her costume that Princess Leia. Sad it wasn't done last year for us to enjoy! xx
Post a Comment