Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blackberries

The kids have been picking blackberries every chance they get for about the last month. I decided that I should finally document it since the berries are becoming harder and harder to find. They usually come in with cuts and scrapes from the bushes, but they're always willing to go back for more.

The group searching the area for signs of berries

The funny thing is that Thomas doesn't even like blackberries

Olivia on the other hand loves berries



The boys tried to show a little entrepreneurial spirit and
went around the neighborhood selling the berries. They made 1 sale!

They had loaded up the cooler with blackberries and even had the cash register on hand. The money from the sale was divided amongst the 4 founding members who came home with about 15 cents for all their hard work!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I remember picking blackberries as a kid, but I never really liked to eat them until I became an adult. It was fun just to pick them.

Eric and Rozanne said...

That's cute! I like it when they think about ways they can make money, and it's good they can still be happy about 15 cents. :)