Wednesday, September 8, 2010

School and Scouts


Today was Thomas' first day in 3rd grade. He was a little apprehensive, but trying to be positive. The weather was pretty miserable. This has been the first year of school that it hasn't been warm and sunny. While I am excited for some structure in our lives again, I am a little sad that summer is over. The weather wasn't as nice as I had hoped and I wish that we had been able to spend more time outside. The kids were also a great age this year and I was able to enjoy taking them out without too much to worry about.

After Thomas left I had to take Olivia over to school to meet her Kindergarten teacher. She met another little girl in the class and seems excited about the whole thing. We then drove downtown and walked around some of the stores with everyone before meeting Spenser for lunch at Wagner's. Kent and Noelene then left for the airport. It was so nice having them out here and the kids enjoyed being able to spend time with both sets of grandparents.

Thomas reported a fairly good day when I picked him up from school. I was just happy that he didn't say that he didn't want to go back again tomorrow! He did say that he thought that it might be a bit more boring since they just seem to sit and work all day and don't get to move around too much.

Tonight he also had another first. He got to go to Cub Scouts. He was excited to put on his new uniform and head out. When we got to the church none of his friends had arrived yet and you could tell that he was a little nervous and didn't know what he was doing when they did the salute and things. Luckily, a couple of his friends showed up before I left and he was much happier then. He came home and told me what a great night he had and is now ready to get working on his requirements.

No comments: