
Thanks Amy for helping me out with this invitation!
Today was the day that everyone was here for. We were able to celebrate Thomas' baptism and it was a wonderful day. Thomas is such a good boy. He has a kind and tender heart and he has a strong sense of what is right and wrong. I know that he has a testimony of the Gospel and that he truly wanted to be baptized today. He has been waiting for this day to come all summer long, and I hope that it will be a day he will always remember.
Thomas and Spenser headed over to the chapel with Grandma and Grandpa Cammack who had also flown into town for the event. When we arrived they were both dressed in their white clothes. Thomas wasn't very happy about how short his jump suit was, but decided that he didn't want to try a bigger size because he knew it would be huge on him.
As the meeting started I was overwhelmed by how many friends we had sitting in the congregation. I was so grateful that they were there to support Thomas and our family on this special day. I know how much it meant for Thomas to have his grandparents and Hayley and Josh there. He gets upset sometimes that we live so far away from all of our family and that they can't come to soccer games or other things that he is involved in. Thankfully they were all able to make it for this.
I had been asked to give a brief testimony about the Holy Ghost during the program. I didn't think that it was entirely fair to have a mother talk from the stand on a day like today. Of course you are going to be a little emotional so I shed a few tears, but I know how much Thomas dislikes people crying when they bear their testimonies so I tried my hardest for him.
We were the first group to go into the baptismal font. Olivia sat up front with me and thought that it was very exciting to see Thomas as he went into the water. It seemed like the water was warm since no one complained about it too much. Spenser then confirmed Thomas a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and gave him a sweet blessing. As Thomas sat surrounded by men who love and care about him I thought how grateful I was for the Priesthood that they hold which blesses our lives. Our Bishop commented on how much he had enjoyed talking with Thomas at his interview and how well prepared he thought he was.
I had given Thomas the choice as to whether he wanted to have a few friends back after the baptism for lunch or go out to lunch as a family. He decided that he would like to have people back to the house. It was nice to have a few hours together with friends and family celebrating Thomas.
Proud parents
When we got back to the house Grandma Noelene told me that Thomas had turned to her on the car drive home and told her that he didn't feel any different, but maybe he would tomorrow! Thomas is a great boy and we are so glad that he took this important step today and that we were able to be a part of it.
Josh and Hayley were flying out to Utah tonight so we spent a little time in the back yard with Liam before they left. Thomas wanted some pictures of him with his youngest cousin.


3 comments:
What a wonderful day. I am so proud of him. I wished so much I could have been there but Megs wouldn't have been to happy had I missed her 12th birthday. Oh and I love the family pics by the way. They turned out great. That barn is soo cool!!!
Wow--I can't believe he's 8! Looks like a great day--congrats to two wonderful parents!
Congrats to Thomas!
Post a Comment