By the end of today we would have no more house guests. It was a sad thought, but to be honest I am exhausted. Cooking, cleaning, washing, and entertaining everyone has really made me tired. I wouldn't mind going on a vacation to recover!
The girls decided that if we were ever going to get a pedicure then today had to be the day to do it. Zach came along too since he has become super clingy with everyone around. He was actually pretty good and sat with his feet in my bowl for the most part. He would have liked his own spot next to Olivia I think, but I wasn't going to pay another $15 that. Plus, what color would he have painted his nails?!
Zach with his shoes off!
This was the first time that Olivia has ever been with us and she loved it. She knew exactly what color she wanted when we walked into the spa. I had just planned on her getting her nails painted, but when she saw those little seats and the attached bowls she wanted some water in there to soak her feet as well. I looked over at her a couple of times when they were rubbing her feet and she looked a little apprehensive, but when I asked her what she thought she just said that it tickled.
She loved the little jewels in the center of her flower
Hayley decided to get a manicure as well so we had to sit and wait for her for a while. That's one girl who enjoys a bit of pampering! We had a fun morning together (if you don't include the fact that they made mum's foot bleed) and then it was back home to pack.
Hayley and Josh went out to run a few errands and took quite a while to get back. Mum was a little upset since they hadn't finished packing yet and they were getting close to the time that they needed to leave for the airport.
A final cousin photo
We had rented a car so that we could get everyone back to the airport and dad thought that they were going to get all of their bags and 4 adults and a baby seat into it. He tried every which way. He sat in the front seat with a huge duffle bag on his knee and told everyone to get in. There was no way, but he didn't want me to make an extra trip. In the end I told him to be realistic and put the bags into my car and left the kids with our next door neighbor. We left a little later than anticipated, but fortunately the traffic was good. When we got to the airport there was no sign of Josh and Hayley. I didn't want to leave because I hadn't said 'goodbye' to them properly so we waited curbside for about 40 minutes when they finally turned up. Mum was starting to panic and said that she's never travel with them again. It wasn't until they were on the plane that Josh confessed having pulled in to get some Winger's chicken. That was the one thing he had wanted this vacation and so her made sure that he got it.
Thanks for visiting. We love having you around. The kids miss having a baby cousin to entertain. Come back again soon



1 comment:
Fun stories! My girls loved the little jewels too the few times we went to T-Spa in Washington.
Post a Comment