Port Townsend is one of the places we always love to visit in the summer. The kids love running through the forts and playing on the beach and it meets our 2 hour one way drive requirement.
The temperature in the car was reading over 70 degrees the whole drive out and as we got to the beach it dropped about 10 degrees. I always forget how cool the Washington coast is. I was glad that I had jackets for everyone. Spense decided that he didn't need to bring anything so he was on his own!
We ate some lunch
We went through the forts
We helped our brother climb
We had fun with our siblings
Spenser may look neglectful in this picture being on his cell phone when he's supposed to be spending time with his kids, but he was actually taking an emergency call!
Walking down to the beach
We spent a long time in the sand digging and burying our feet
Thomas looked out for rocks
The boys spent some time trying to find 'gold!'
We never can get Zach to keep his shoes on
And no trip to Port Townsend would be complete without a visit to Nifty's diner. Right after this was taken we looked over at Zach and found him almost asleep still trying to finish off his ice cream. He didn't make it back to the car awake. As we drove out I realized that I had left my retainer on the table wrapped up in a napkin, so we turned around and Spense ran in and looked through the trash for me. Apparently that happens to more people than just me!

1 comment:
When we went to Fort Flagler last weekend we were going to drive out to Port Townsend after the hike, but the extra 45 minutes just seemed too long. We have to try to get out there next year. I've been dying to try that diner you keep mentioning. It looks really good.
Post a Comment