I just have to include a post so that people know how grateful I really am for my husband, although I don't like to show it! Spenser has been a very good husband over the past few weeks as he has patiently plodded along at getting some needed things done around the house. In our stake the third weekend of the month is designated as family time weekend and so we don't have church meeting and the like (they make up for them on the other weeks though) and so I explained to Spenser that there would be no playing, just working. Sometimes you just have to crack the whip and get them focused!
First he changed out our nasty white sink. I know that you might be thinking that we haven't yet been in our house for even two years and so why are we changing the sink, but our builder certainly didn't believe so much in quality products! After about a month of being in the house we got our first chip and it has just been downhill from there on out. So, we went to the Depot and picked out a nice granite one, which goes a lot better anyway with the dark kitchen that we have, because if it chips its the same material all the way through and so you won't see them. Not being the most patient of individuals I got a little impatient after a short time and when he couldn't figure out how to stop water leaking I just threw up my arms in despair and told him, "Call a plumber!" Don't you all wish that you had a spouse as encouraging as me! We did managed to get the water leak fixed and I only had to clean up a pile of water from under the sink once when the pipe from the dishwasher to the sink came out, but aside from that it was pretty uneventful and now I have a beautiful new sink that I can now enjoy looking at as I wash my dishes.
Spense went straight from that project to building the kids a play set, which only took a total of about 28 hours over a period of 5 days. He was out there before and after work come rain or shine, and since its Western Washington, and its spring, there was quite a lot of rain. Unfortunately, I didn't get out my camera and take a picture of him in his yellow rain suit one morning. There is a devoted father and husband for you! We now have a beautiful play set and when the rain finally stops falling I know that there will be many hours of fun spent outside using it.
The kids were eager to get going and thought that they would
be playing on the swings that evening. Little did they know!
be playing on the swings that evening. Little did they know!
At the end of day 1
By day 4 they could at least use the swings

4 comments:
WOW.....is all I can say......what an amazing adventure play centre. It would take up our entire garden space! x x x
That is a nice playground! You're kids are super lucky and you are super lucky for such a patient hubby to put it all together!
Spense is a great dad. His dad just hired someone to install the payset he played on when he was little.
Wow! What a nice play set. That looks like it would take forever to set-up. I love the picture of Thomas entertaining himself with the chain. Too cute. Way to go Spenser! Nice sink, too!
Post a Comment