
In celebration of Zach's 4 month milestone this week, I decided that I would try him with a little rice cereal in the quiet hope that he might spit up less frequently. I am sad to say that hasn't worked out quite yet! He seemed to enjoy his first meal (who wouldn't if you have ever tasted that nasty formula stuff) although it was a challenge to keep too much of it in his mouth to begin with. That darn tongue thrust! We are sure that he will get the hang of it soon as he moves onto bigger and better things like oatmeal, applesauce, sweet potatoes and even a dessert or two if we get a little crazy!
2 comments:
Yeah, Claira doesn't really seem to want to make the effort to eat rice cereal. She immediately pushes it all out of her mouth. After about 2 or 3 spoonfulls, she gives up entirely and starts to yell! If I don't get the hint quickly enough, she moves from yelling to all out screaming until I pick her up.
Your post about the baby seat thingy reminded me of something that we have for David. Zach may be way past this but have you heard of a boppy pillow?
You can prop him up on it after he eats. It supposedly reduces the chance of spit up. I'll do a post on it soon. We love it.
Post a Comment