Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sleeping Beauties


There may be some out there who will be horrified to discover that I'm not the super mother that you thought (but for most of you this will just go to confirm your suspicions!). I have to admit that bed time has always been a struggle in our household. We are managing to get everyone in bed earlier, but it is still quite the process and there are some nights when I can see no end in sight and just declare "Do you want to sleep in Tommy's (or Olivia's) room?!" Our kids seem to have a much easier time falling and staying asleep when they are with someone else (ah, maybe why they like to come into "mommy's bed!") and so when mommy really doesn't want them in her bed, but wants the next best thing she reverts to this! Please tell me that I'm not a bad person. I haven't had a good nights sleep in the last five years!

5 comments:

Debs said...

That's so cute!! I remember doing that with Kath and then Lins. When you are desperate for sleep - you do anything!!

Oh I just tagged you! See my blog for details x x

Heather E. said...

Hey if that is the worst thing....you are all good! I miss my sleep too......the harsh reality of parenthood! Your kiddos are so cute! I love it!

Deidre said...

Ok if you really think that is bad my sister and I actually HAD to sleep in the SAME bed for a few years. My parents wanted the new baby to have her own room so Danielle and I shard my queen while her twin in Brooke's room went empty. And I honestly missed her when we moved and I had my own room and the bed to myself. So give yourself some rest at night and stop worrying about it! :)

Unknown said...

Too cute! That is part of why my kids share rooms, I find they definitly sleep better that way. At least most of the time- some nights they are still up talking at ten pm but. . .

TimLoraKat said...

I see no harm in this whatsoever. At least you found a way to get them out of your bed. Kat still has to sleep with me every night. That is going to change soon!

You are a great mom!