We got on the internet and found a campsite that we could stay out. They only had cabins for 2 of the 3 nights and we would have to move each night to a different site, but we decided that would be OK. We rushed to get packed, got everyone loaded into the car, and then only had to go back to the house 4 times before we finally got on our way! We should have known that we were in for some rocky times when we got just an hour up the road and Olivia and Zach were both screaming about something and poor Thomas sat in the middle of them and just said, "This is the worst vacation ever!" I turned to Spense and said, "We're only an hour away maybe we should turn back," but thoughts of smores around the campfire just kept us moving on! We arrived well after dark and found the cabin. Thomas and Olivia thought that it was fun jumping around as we unloaded bedding. I am sure that everyone nearby was just thrilled that we had arrived. Spense went out to get food while I was left (as usual) to get the 3 kids to sleep. Two of them weren't too much of a problem after they had had their fill of shining torches around everywhere, but as usual the baby out up a bit of a fight. Finally, after a long day it was our turn to sleep and we would see what tomorrow would bring.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Coeur D'Alene
After much discussion and not too much decision making we decided that we would head out to Coeur D'Alene Idaho for part of Spenser's week off. We had only know that we had this week for months, but planning it apparently seemed a little difficult for us to do until the morning off. I really wanted to drive out to Utah, but to do that we needed to have left that weekend which we couldn't do because of the dance festival. Again, don't talk to me about that! We decided on Coeur D'Alene because it was only a 5 hour drive and I didn't want to go too far with the kids and there seemed like there was some fun, family activities to do.
We got on the internet and found a campsite that we could stay out. They only had cabins for 2 of the 3 nights and we would have to move each night to a different site, but we decided that would be OK. We rushed to get packed, got everyone loaded into the car, and then only had to go back to the house 4 times before we finally got on our way! We should have known that we were in for some rocky times when we got just an hour up the road and Olivia and Zach were both screaming about something and poor Thomas sat in the middle of them and just said, "This is the worst vacation ever!" I turned to Spense and said, "We're only an hour away maybe we should turn back," but thoughts of smores around the campfire just kept us moving on! We arrived well after dark and found the cabin. Thomas and Olivia thought that it was fun jumping around as we unloaded bedding. I am sure that everyone nearby was just thrilled that we had arrived. Spense went out to get food while I was left (as usual) to get the 3 kids to sleep. Two of them weren't too much of a problem after they had had their fill of shining torches around everywhere, but as usual the baby out up a bit of a fight. Finally, after a long day it was our turn to sleep and we would see what tomorrow would bring.
We got on the internet and found a campsite that we could stay out. They only had cabins for 2 of the 3 nights and we would have to move each night to a different site, but we decided that would be OK. We rushed to get packed, got everyone loaded into the car, and then only had to go back to the house 4 times before we finally got on our way! We should have known that we were in for some rocky times when we got just an hour up the road and Olivia and Zach were both screaming about something and poor Thomas sat in the middle of them and just said, "This is the worst vacation ever!" I turned to Spense and said, "We're only an hour away maybe we should turn back," but thoughts of smores around the campfire just kept us moving on! We arrived well after dark and found the cabin. Thomas and Olivia thought that it was fun jumping around as we unloaded bedding. I am sure that everyone nearby was just thrilled that we had arrived. Spense went out to get food while I was left (as usual) to get the 3 kids to sleep. Two of them weren't too much of a problem after they had had their fill of shining torches around everywhere, but as usual the baby out up a bit of a fight. Finally, after a long day it was our turn to sleep and we would see what tomorrow would bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like an exciting yet challenging vacation. :) What on earth is the dance festival? Sorry but now I'm curious. Sounds like a rip that you didn't have the whole week.
I hope you had a better time than we did on our latest camping trip- it was disastrous!- Can you send me your email, so I can send you an invite to read my blog- I've made it private a week or so ago- and just realised I didnt have everyone's email to invite them! Sorry! My email is spaghettiinajar@hotmail.com
Vacationing with the kiddos is always a bit challenging, but it looks like you picked a beautiful place to spend a few days.
Post a Comment