We were planning on going down to the Lakefair parade this afternoon anyway when Thomas and Olivia received an invite this morning to be on the float for the Hand on Children's Museum. We have an event downtown called Sand in the City where they have a sand sculpting competition that the museum sponsors so they were mainly advertising that. Thomas was excited at the opportunity and Olivia really didn't care too much.
When we got downtown the kids dropped me off with the Reeds and some other people from the ward in their usual spot and then they walked up to the float. Olivia was less than excited anout this prospect mainly since she had fallen asleep on the way down their and was now grouchy and also because her friend Sammy had a snow cone and she wanted one too. Nevertheless, Spense endured the wailing and off she went. He called me a little later to tell me that they were number 102 in a parade of 105. We waited over an hour for them to get down to us and Olivia couldn't last a minute longer. She got off, Spense got snow cones and then he and Thomas continued on. I'm thinking that she might not want to ever be on one of those beauty pageant floats and thats just great with me!
Here is some video of the kids in all their glory. Thomas is right on the back with a sign in a blue T-shirt. I didn't zoom in too well since I was holding Zach and trying to take care of the escapee at the same time.

2 comments:
She looks like she is having a good time in the pictures. I feel for her wanting that snow cone.
Last year we made the mistake of walking in the pioneer day parade. What are they thinking doing that in Vegas. I think a bunch of Utah transplants came down and couldn't give up their Utah Days parade. So we ended up walking around in 116 degree weather. The kids got heat stroke and I now plan to be out of town each pioneer day so I don't get roped into doing that again.
Real local celebrities!
Post a Comment