Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baseball Birthday


This year I convinced Thomas to break away from his usual superhero birthday party and do something a little different. Since he has fallen in love with baseball this year, he decided that's what he would do. After the invitations were made and sent out he did say to me however, "Mom, I've really started to get into Star Wars. Can I have a Star Wars birthday party?" to which I quickly replied, "No!" As much as I love throwing parties for the kids I hate the clean up before and after the party. I would love it if we could do it somewhere other than home!


The treat bag and invitation


Looks like every other party I've thrown!


Hanging at 1st base




I had been worried about the weather all week because it had rained on and off, but the weather man promised sun (yeah, like when are they ever right?). Luckily, the forecast held true and we had a beautiful afternoon. The kids loved playing on the inflatable slide (although we had some problems with it because we think there is some leakage from somewhere) and we set up some water baseball. Spense got some small pools which we filled with water for the bases and then used the slip and slide to slide into home. Everyone seemed to have fun. There was of course cake and ice cream which was quickly followed by a burping competition. Most of the burps were fake and unfortunately Olivia was one of the loudest offenders. What we will do with her I am not sure. Thomas then opened presents and everyone wanted to play with them and then it was time for them to go home. Thomas had a good time, but was sad that more of his school friends couldn't make it. That unfortunately, is the problem with a birthday in the middle of summer during a busy vacation month. Maybe we will figure out something better next year.


Burping is fun!


I had fully intended on being a proper mother this
year and making my own cake, but couldn't find a
mold that I needed. I also decided that with a birthday
and leaving party the day before I would be too busy.
A sad excuse, but it turned out to be true!

Enjoying "Happy Birthday!"
This was actually the first year he managed to blow
the candles out all at once.


2 comments:

Debs said...

Nad you look like a pro at doing birthday parties!! It's something I don't look forward to -maybe its because Olivia's birthday is in the same week as Christmas!! Happy Birthday Thomas - how old was he 5 or 6?? x x

Hayley said...

Looks like another great party! xx