Tonight Spenser joined with some other men and their boys in the ward and went out to Zion's Camp. Olivia was also allowed to go since she plays with most of the boys that were going, and since I think she really considers herself as one of the boys! Spenser was also kind enough to take Ryan with him and he said that he would also take Zach, but I didn't think that was a very fair trade off! Zach and I enjoyed a quiet trip to the grocery store and some Panda Express at home, while the rest of the family got to eat hot dogs and roast marshmallows around the campfire. I'm acting like I'm jealous, but I'm not. Johanna tried to get me to go earlier in the day and without even a moments hesitation I said, "There is no way!". The memories of Coeur D'Alene are still way too fresh in my mind!
The kids had a great time and they came home much later than I had hoped they would because they didn't want to leave. They got to play in the tree house, go out on canoes, and try their turn at archery. When Spense came home he told me that he had no fears that Thomas might one day turn into a hunter (sorry to all you out there who love it, but its not our thing). He said that he was absolutely abhorred by the fact that they had to shoot arrows into foam pieces that had been shaped to look like animals. I have to admit that this was also a little disturbing when I went up to girls camp last year and our girls were doing some archery. I guess that Spense became quite the hit though, when they he hit the target spot on every time the kids screamed for him to "hit the bears butt!" We are just the nest parents ever!

1 comment:
Wow - you guys are always doing such fun stuff! Dan would've loved it! Glad you had a happy anniversary too x
Post a Comment