
Thomas and Spenser celebrated their birthdays today. When Thomas came downstairs I told him that he couldn't open presents until Olivia woke up and so where do you think I found him next?! After letting Olivia go back to sleep for a little while we gathered around while Thomas looked at what he had. He was very excited about receiving some money and a gift card to Target and was planning when we could go and spend it. He wasn't as eager to spend his money though. He does like to save in his little Superman wallet. He was also happy to get Star Wars Lego for the Wii. I have been back and forth on whether or not this would be a good gift since we have rented it a couple of times from Blockbuster and he loves to waste time on it. In the end I gave in hoping that if he didn't feel he had a time limit on when it needed to be returned then perhaps that would help.

He also loved his new English soccer kit and the Boston Red Socks T-shirt he got from Brad and Deidre. When he first saw the gift bag he asked me what it was doing there since he is quite loyal to his Mariners, but when I explained that the Red Socks dislike the Yankees as much as he did he was pretty down with it! After presents we ate banana muffins which had been the birthday breakfast request and then he played Star Wars Lego with Ryan and Olivia.
ice cream sundae from our server because it was their birthday!
After dinner Thomas really wanted to spend the remainder of the evening over at Chuck E Cheese's and because it was his birthday we had to indulge. Zach had fun on some of the smaller rides and Spenser kept stealing the kids tokens when he found a game that gave a great payout on tickets. He got more than I have ever seen. We couldn't even spend them all at the end because all the kids wanted were a couple of slinkies and some tootsie rolls!

We were going to forgo birthday cake at home, but Thomas really wanted for us to get out the cake and sing "Happy Birthday." So after Spense opened his presents we gave them a stirring rendition and added more calories to our already big bellies.


2 comments:
Brad laughed and laughed about what you said to Thomas about the Yankees. Glad they had a good day. I think I'm done with overnight trips for awhile...but I don't know about Brad.
Happy Birthday to the Cammack Boys! We were thinking about you. I am glad to see that you got to go and do something fun to celebrate. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment