Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sand in the City


This morning Olivia got the chance to redeem herself for the performance that she gave at her dance recital back in May. Her dance studio had been asked to provide some dancing entertainment at our local "Sand in the City" event. During the weekend local teams from community banks and businesses get together, and they import a bunch of sand and build sand sculptures. There are also tons of activities for the kids and all donations benefit the local Hands on Children's Museum.


Messing with the girls


Awaiting the perfomance


Thomas just decided to go play in the big sand box!

I was optimistic about her performance since she had done such a great job at practice earlier in the week, but with Miss Olivia you just never know. She wasn't quite sure about where she should stop when she led everyone out onto the stage, so luckily Christine was there to put them right. As I looked at her at first I wasn't quite sure about what would happen, but she certainly got into it. She was one of the best at "getting her knees up" for sure! I was worried that she might have a melt down during Rock a Bye Your Bear though, since Spense had put a princess crown on her bear, which kept falling off, but she seemed to take it all in her stride.


In full flight


Zach seemed to approve of the dancing




You will notice that in true Spenser fashion there is a point during the video that he manages to point the lens at something other that what he should be filming. When we watched it at home together I said something to him and he said, "I know. I knew when it happened that I would hear about it!" I may not be a very nice wife, but at least I'm predictable!


Walle

After the performance we quickly rushed around some of the exhibits. Olivia loved Walle the best by far. I was sad that we couldn't stay for longer, but we had to go and pick up cake and balloons for Thomas' birthday which was starting in just a couple of hours.


Over the Hedge


Jungle Book 2


I was just happy to get to see one of my favorite things
about living her - boats on the sound.

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I feel a little bad that we missed the Sand in the City. I loved seeing some of the sculptures. The first picture of Olivia is SO adorable.

Unknown said...

What a cute little performer! She did great, I am sure. That looks like a really fun day! Lane is in ballet again this fall, and will finally be allowed to do the recital. We'll see how it goes.